[TenTec] Ju;iter/Pegasus RS232 Communication vs TCP/IP

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ju;iter/Pegasus RS232 Communication vs TCP/IP
From: kw0d@netexpress.net (Dave Kamp, KW0D)
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 23:35:35 -0500
Bob wrote:

>Personally, I'd rather Tentec et al simply use standard networking hardware
>(ethernet and CAT5 cable using TCP/IP) to accomplish the communications, but
>I guess that would involve installation in the radio of some sort of CPU and
>ROM with an OS that is smart enough to do TCP/IP.  With TCP/IP ethernet
>between computer and transceiver, there would be no distance limitation, and
>the "hooks" would already be there for one to operate the radio remotely....

Hi Bob!

Actually, I think it'd be downright cool to have the rig set to op via
TCP-IP, and be able to accept and transmit 'streamed' audio, as well as
operating commands over the connection, so that a guy could put the machine
in say... his garage radio-shack... and hook it to his network between
buildings, and take a listen and ragchew from his computer inside the house...

...but a few people have already called me 'wierd' because I've got a
10/100 ethernet between the machines in my house, and the garage/shack...

DK  :-)

73's from KW0D Dave in LeClaire, Iowa