[TenTec] TWINCOM feedline ?????????????

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TWINCOM feedline ?????????????
From: alforol@hotmail.com (Frank alforo)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 22:21:44 -0700
At typical antenna and line lengths, any differences in SWR, line input
impedance and line loss are insignificant. Since you are using open wire
line I assume you are using an antenna tuner in order operate on several
bands. The 600 and 700 ohm lines will exhibit somewhat different impedances
at the line input but should not seriously result in any problems adjusting
your tuner.

One dollar per foot of line seems quite expensive. Have you thought of
making your own line? Copper wire can be obtained from Radio Shack or Home
Depot, etc.,  Plastic rod material for spacers can be obtained at any crafts
or model airplane store.

I brought my line in through two half inch holes I drilled right through the
wall at a convenient place. Then I shoved two six inch long pieces of half
inch diameter PVC pipe through the holes. If I move, I'll simply put a dab
of stucco on the outside holes and a dab of drywall patch on the inside
holes.

Good luck, AL, w6wqc

Broadband??Dial-up? Get reliable MSN Internet Access.