[TenTec] Re: Doug Smith Orion info

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Doug Smith Orion info
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:01:16 -1000
Ken wrote:

> For all of us who are thirsty for ORION technical info:
> Doug Smith KF6DX has quietly created some really
> amazing ORION technical webpages on his Editorial website.

Oh,  oh.  And I had decided to wait a year before I order
an Orion.  Now.....  That is very interesting stuff  Doug
has written!  Started to place an order, and include the new
Heil "Studio" mike designed just for the Orion,  but could not
find it among the stuff Ten Tec is selling...where is it,  or do
I just email TT and say I want one of those also.

Wonder when I would rcv a new Orion rig if ordering now,  mid
October.  Sometime next year,  I suppose,  hi.

Doug is an excellent salesman for TT and the Orion as well
as an excellent engineer!  BTW,  I applied to Cal Tech back
in 1952;  they didn't want me,  but Stanford did,  so went that
way,  hi.  Liked Fred Terman a lot,   and was a great friend of
one of his sons in my class there,  Lou,  who went on to IBM.

73,  Jim  KH7M