[TenTec] Receivability

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Receivability
From: w5yr@att.net (George, W5YR)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:19:36 -0600
Very interesting, Gary, and thanks!

I have made detailed spectral comparisons between the IF DSP filters in the
ICom 756 PRO, the Kachina 505DSP of similar architecture and the Icom 765
with conventional crystal filters. There is no comparison whatever between
the shape factors and overall shapes of the PRO filters compared to any of
the others. The PRO filters are mathemeticallu nigh perfect in shape and
performance. I think that you have found that the Pegasus IF DSP filters
are not the equal to the conventional INRAD filters - that is very
surprising to me.

Thanks again.

73/72, George
Amateur Radio W5YR -  the Yellow Rose of Texas
In the 57th year and it just keeps getting better!
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13qe
K2 #489      Icom IC-765 #2349     Icom IC-756 PRO  #2121