[TenTec] Re: OMNI V RCVR hiss

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: OMNI V RCVR hiss
From: royanjoy@ncn.net (Roy Koeppe)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:10:11 -0600
Hello,

Ten-Tec provided me with a free mod. kit which greatly reduced receiver
hiss and stopped QRN from degrading receiver S/N ratio, which is also a
problem, especially on the low bands (it caused a swishing sound).

The kit was composed of about five components...resistors and a tiny RF
choke.

After performing the up-grade, you peak several slugs and then
re-calibrate the S meter. It is easy to do, and greatly worthwhile.

Call T-T and look at archives. GUD luck.

73,     Roy       K6XK/0      Iowa

 "noted the mention of hiss in the QST review of the
Omni V and a factory mod that corrected it. I found a
question about it on the reflector some time back, but
can't seem to find an answer. Anyone know what the mod
consists of? Parts? Where they go, etc????"

Thanks!
Anthony, NT4X