[TenTec] Corsairs, Pro II, etc hi hi

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsairs, Pro II, etc hi hi
From: geraldj@isunet.net (Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer)
Date: Fri Jan 31 17:43:11 2003
I'm not convinced the receivers ten years from now will have better
performance. I fear that they will have greater versatility at the cost
of poorer performance. Many steps supposedly forward in the past decades
have harmed performance, in the name of more convenient manufacture, or
wider frequency coverage, or having the simple option of receiving wider
bandwidth modes.

Its important to listen to what the European hams find work for them on
40 meters because there they have multi kilowatt broadcasters using the
same band, so any receiver that works at all there should work well in
far less congested parts of the world and spectrum.

It's important to note on the Sherwood table that some of the older
radios only performed well because of the use of Sherwood modification
kits.

I know from using them, that my Corsair II does far better with adjacent
frequency strong signals than my Kenwood TS-130 does. Signals that
splattered in the 130 don't in the Corsair II.

73, Jerry, K0CQ

--
Entire content copyright Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer.
Reproduction by permission only.