[TenTec] Corsairs, Pro II, etc hi hi

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsairs, Pro II, etc hi hi
From: w8kc@comcast.net (Paul Valko)
Date: Fri Jan 31 19:31:14 2003
----- Original Message -----
From: "John L Merrill" <jmerrill1@adelphia.net>
To: "Tentec" <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 7:20 PM

> I base my opinion on ARRL testing methods at 20khz spacing for 2 tone 3rd
> order dynamic range, blocking and 3rd order intercept pt and no other
> criterea for cw or ssb. 5 khz spacing is another thing that hasnt been
done
> on earlier radios.

Ok.  I'd also like to see the 5Khz tests on the Icom/Kenwood/Yaesu.

What I think you are pointing out is the same thing Ten*Tec mentions all the
time.  Nobody in "contest/DX" conditions is as concerned about 20Khz spacing
figures as they are at 5 or even 1Khz.  That's where the Corsair (original
or II) will hear the weak stations while the others will hear nothing over
the phase noise.

It would be very interesting to see the real figures.

I'm just a casual op anyway.  I truly believe there is virtually no
discernable difference in most of these rigs once you get them out of a lab
and into a typical ham's shack.

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

73! =paul= W8KC
Collector of Ten*Tecs and other fine plastics.
Visit the Virtual Ten*Tec Museum at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/w8kc