[TenTec] RFI and Behringer MX-602a

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RFI and Behringer MX-602a
From: w7ts@attbi.com (Ken Kinyon - W7TS)
Date: Mon Mar 3 00:18:25 2003
Hi Tim,
It sounds to me like rf is being picked up by the mixer and getting into the
OMNI-VI through the speaker lead.
Have you checked you CW sig on another receiver? If it sounds bad, I bet
that is what is happening.
I would ground the mixer to your station ground, and use some filtering of
the speaker lead at the OMNI.  Perhaps start with several turns around a
Toroid.  I got RF into my OMNI-VI+ via the RS-232 cable,  It took an old
fashioned solenoid rf choke in both wires to stop it.
Regards and good luck,
Ken W7TS

-------------------
Kenneth E.  Kinyon