[TenTec] Omni VI & Titan tuning repeatability

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI & Titan tuning repeatability
From: ken.d.brown@verizon.net (Ken Brown)
Date: Sat Mar 15 20:15:04 2003
I have a Omni VI upgraded to version 2 or 3 and a Titan 425 amplifier.
They work great, however there seems to be some "drift" in the amplifier
tuning, or it may be changes in the Omni VI power output. I keep the
Omni VI powered up 24/7. When I turn on the Titan and check the tuning
before using it, I nearly always find that I have to readjust it, even
though the last time I used it, it was tuned up on the same frequency.
This in 160 meters, where 90% of my operating takes place. I have not
yet determined if there is instability in the tank circuit on the Titan,
or if it is just that the power output from the Omni VI is changing. I
wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Ken N6KB