[TenTec] Omni VI & Titan tuning repeatability

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI & Titan tuning repeatability
From: althofft@concentric.net (Tom A)
Date: Mon Mar 17 08:28:17 2003
Without a doubt tuning drift is caused by the fixed caps in the loading
circuit and not by the .001 blocking caps.

Was this a bad brand of caps?  Bad design (too low current / voltage
ratings)?   Aging of components?

If I have to get into cutting out a bad cap I'm going to go through the
trouble of replacing all the fixed caps with higher ratings..including the
DC blocking caps.   I'm beginning to not trust any of the components in my
Titan.   It's turning into a ground up re-build.  But it will be a
better-than-new amp once I'm finished.

Anyone taking odds that now that I've replaced every cap in the PS, new
meter bulbs, tightened and lubricated band switch wafers, replaced all the

That the first time I hit the key the tubes will head off into the sunset?

Tom K2TA
tom@k2ta.com