[TenTec] Corsair II going deaf!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II going deaf!
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Tue Mar 18 17:30:56 2003
Thanks to the several of you who suggested having
a look at the RX -TX/RX switch on the back of the
radio.  I checked it with my ancient VOM (FET inpuit).
Seemed to show a bit of R even when set to the TX/RX,
normal, position.

So,  as one of you suggested,  I soldered a short
jumper across the top terminals of that switch,
which serves to permanentely engage that switch.

So far,  that seems to have been the solution!

Am monitoring some signals on 20 meters now;
waiting to see if the creeping deafness begins
again,  hi.  So far,  so good!

Thanks again,  73,  Jim  KH7M