[TenTec] Corsair II going deaf!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II going deaf!
From: thornton_tr@yahoo.com (Thomas Thornton)
Date: Tue Mar 18 18:17:54 2003
Jim --

Any hum associated with the decrease in
volume/sensitivity (by the way, is it audio volume or
sensitivity that diminishes)?  I once had a Knight kit
that did that when it was new -- the culprit was a dc
filter that had a capacitor breaking down after
warm-up (guess it diminished the voltage fed to the
audio drive (in this case the grid of a 6be6)).  And
-- as the audio dropped there was a slight 120 cycle
hum in the background.  The technical support guy at
Allied knew right away when I described the symptom
and sent me a replacement electrolytic.  Of course
this whole thing took about five or six weeks by snail
mail and parcel post.

Tom