[TenTec] Fw : Orion first impressions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Fw : Orion first impressions
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Tue Apr 8 21:15:04 2003
Alan wrote,  in part, after a great long list of "dissatisfactions":

>     Perhaps, maybe, in a year or so, Orion will  mature into a top
> performer. However, I do not recommend purchasing  an Orion
> at this time  until the control software and other issues are
> completely resolved.

It is well that Alan was doing business with Ten Tec.  Each of
whom  has already rcv'd an Orion,  or will soon,  had/will have the
right to return it for full refund within 30 days if we are not
satisfied.  I am anxious to get my hands on mine!  I didn't count
the length of Alan's list,  but odd the the several Beta,  or even
the TT Alpha testers has not also "found" these issues.  Maybe
they were not critical enough.  Will see when mine comes.

KH7T out here on the Big Island of Hawaii has had his about
a week now; no mention of problems with his so far!

73,  Jim  KH7M