[TenTec] Fw : Orion first impressions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Fw : Orion first impressions
From: AC5E@aol.com (AC5E@aol.com)
Date: Wed Apr 9 10:32:56 2003
As my dad used to say, "There's one guy in every bunch who wants an egg in
his beer."

Personally, I look forward to the operating system updates, glitch fixes, and
so on. At the  moment, I'm too busy enjoying my Orion to worry about
improving it. Besides, I'm busy spending my non-operating shack time
remodeling the shack. So far I have put five boxes of  no longer needed
accessories in storage.

I have had the second ham bring over a TOL "world beater" to show me what a
real rig is, and leave disappointed. And much better educated. All the more
impressive when you consider the poor propagation and extremely high QRN
levels of the past few days.

My Omni VI+'s turned back all the challengers for years, and the Orion is the
first amateur reciever at any price that has demonstrated superior recieve
performance. If a demo Orion comes on the market I'm apt to stretch my credit
card and buy it. Sorry guys, but a TWO ORION shack with dual amps on each
would make a dream contest station.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E