[TenTec] Re: Curious about Scout headset...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Curious about Scout headset...
From: k9iua@yahoo.com (Kevin Anderson)
Date: Thu May 8 09:02:05 2003
I've been using an 8-ohm headset since I began
in hamradio back in 1993, and with the Scout
since I got it in 2000, with no problems.  But
then this is a 25 year-old nicely padded stereo
headphones with mono/stereo switch and individual
pots on each side.  The thick padding cuts out
much of the ambient noise from the kid's televisions,
etc., and works well when I'm stationary mobile
in the car.  Granted, I keep the adjustable pots
nearly barely turned on, and the audio on the Scout
turned fairly well down, which is also a sign that
I am not using a high-impedance headset as I
should.  But it works fine.  Too bad the headset
is physically falling apart, with tape and rubber
bands holding one side together.  The manufacturer
of this headset was Award, a speaker manufacturer
out of Minneapolis as I recall, which is where I
used to live.  I guess I should have read the
owner's manual closer, but then again, "Just do it"
as the Nike advertisement says <grin>.

Cheers from Iowa,
Kevin

=====