[TenTec] Famous Ten Tec QSK & Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Famous Ten Tec QSK & Orion
From: w2agn@w2agn.net (W2AGN)
Date: Sun May 18 20:08:06 2003
On 16 May 2003 at 13:27, Don Rasmussen wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I have a Corsair II that will easily produce receiver
> audio in between the dashes when the letter "O" is
> sent at 20WPM. So will my IC756p, but not the K2. Can
> anyone that owns one tell me what the Orion does under
> the same conditions? Also interested in the Jupiter,
> and the Argo V if there are any takers!

You prompted me to make an experimnet. Based on your test:

Omni C - Yes
Paragon - Yes
Argonaut 515 - Yes
Argosy 525 - Yes
Argonaut V - No
Jupiter - No
K2 - Yes (you must set the delay to 0 with the menu)

As an aside:

Atlas 350XL - Yes
Signal One CX-7A - No

---
+-++-++-++-++-+   John L. Sielke
+-++-++-++-++-+    Ex-K3HLU,TF2WKT,W7JEF,W4MPC,N4JS