[TenTec] Fw: [Icom] IC-7800 intell

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Fw: [Icom] IC-7800 intell
From: nq5t@attbi.com (nq5t@attbi.com)
Date: Thu May 22 00:47:49 2003
Not much.

The beauty of the arrangment is that our input on control "features" can always
be taken into account and added.  T-T already added the x10 feature on tuning
rate.  And they do seem to listen.  It would certainly be easy enough to
provide a menu option that converts (for example) one of the A>B, B>A, or A/B
buttons to the vision of how a "split" control should work.  The downside of
course is that someone would take umbrage that it wasn't implemented like the
Xerxes company did it in the XE5500ProIV-XLS, or the button is in the wrong
place, and we'd have to hear about it on the list for weeks :-)

Hard to believe that the need to actually have to press TWO whole buttons to
(1) set the VFO's to the same F, and (2) put the receiver (or transmitter) on
the other VFO is a deal killer.  But then I'm not a crazed contester, either :-)

Grant/NQ5T