[TenTec] Orion Frequency Accuracy

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Frequency Accuracy
From: k6se@juno.com (k6se@juno.com)
Date: Fri May 23 15:26:19 2003
Ed, K7DXV wrote:

"Most of us in the field do not have equipment accurate enough to adjust
TCXO oscillators."
----------
Other than environmental control (which isn't absolutely necessary), it
takes no special equipment to adjust the TCXO.  All you need is the
radio, an antenna capable of receiving WWV, and an appropriate alignment
tool.

"The crystal will have a known aging parameter and in about a year you
will find that the oscillator will be closer to being right on."
I agree about the aging but it's so easy to adjust the TCXO that I prefer
not to wait a year.  If necessary, I can take 30 minutes or so to
readjust it again next year.

73, de Earl, K6SE