[TenTec] Off center knobs

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Off center knobs
From: jmalloy@stny.rr.com (Joe Malloy)
Date: Fri May 23 17:07:45 2003
You know, it occurs to me that this whole "it wobbles" problem started
because someone can't tell the difference between _actual_ wobble and
_apparent_ wobble.  My various Ten-Tecs have no discernable wobble from what
I can see, yet they sometimes appear wobbly because the center piece of
inserted metal covering is slightly off center.  It's never been an issue
for me since, as I say, they don't actually wobble.  As far as Yaecomwood
go, I've only owned the Yaesu FRG-7700 (still have it, it appears to wobble)
and the FT-817, which actually wobbles.  No big deal, though, it's not like
they were *way* off center or something.

Some commericial grade radio station gear (I was the chief engineer for our
college station and for three summers at WQXR ("The Radio Station of the New
York Times") with both kinds of wobble.  Big deal.

73,

Joe, W2RBA