[TenTec] 3 older ARRL Handbooks available

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 3 older ARRL Handbooks available
From: w8kc@comcast.net (Paul Valko)
Date: Sat May 31 15:56:17 2003
I was in college at the time (1978) when the league announce a dues
increase.  It didn't take a finance major to realize that at the young age
of 20 with (hopefully) many years of hamming ahead of me, that a Life
Membership was a pretty good deal.  20 times the annual dues I think - which
was something like $19/year back then.

It took all I could to scrounge up the dough - the ARRL offered a one-year
quarterly payment plan if I recall... but yes, it was worth it.

Except for the strange WB8ZJL (who was THAT?) Life Member plaque hanging on
the wall.

73! =paul= W8KC
Collector of Ten*Tecs and other fine plastics.
Visit the Virtual Ten*Tec Museum at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/w8kc