[TenTec] On the practical side

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] On the practical side
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon Jun 2 14:59:28 2003
At 10:18 AM 6/2/03 -0400, AC5E@aol.com wrote:
>enabling Ethernet on most of the peripherial equipment is
>going to cost big bucks, and a serious programming effort on the part of
>many very
>small ham equipment suppliers. The guy who makes a thousand  keyer interfaces
>or rotor control boards a year, and who clears five bucks on each interface,
>isn't going to invest the time and effort to do that. The expense would be
>ruinous.

for whatever it's worth, there was a vendor at Dayton this year selling
antenna switches, a bandpass filter unit, and some other peripherals,
together with a logging program, all of which used Ethernet to
communicate.  I've tried to find info on this outfit on the Web, but am not
having any luc.  I think the logging program was called MILog.  Ring any bells?

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 9 May 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm