[TenTec] Orion rf gain and inherent noise

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion rf gain and inherent noise
From: k8mn@earthlink.net (Dave Heil)
Date: Sat Jun 7 17:33:05 2003
Grant Youngman wrote:

> Yes, I see that too.  I have to admit, I'd never turned the RF gain all
> the way down before :-)

I'm reminded of the days when I used to repair guitar amplifiers.  A
customer brought in an Acoustic 150 and he told me that when he turned
the volume all the way up, the bass control all the way down and the
treble control full, the amplifier made a funny oscillating noise.

I asked if he ever played the thing that way.  He said that he didn't.
My advice was a terse, "Then quit doing that".

73,

Dave Heil K8MN