[TenTec] T tuner (transmatch) losses?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] T tuner (transmatch) losses?
From: AC5E@aol.com (AC5E@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jul 1 14:58:11 2003
The discussion of "tuners" brings back memories, including the Harvey Wells I
had around 1955.  Which had a limited matching range and a tendency to arc
with a high SWR at about 150 watts. I still have a Murch "Ultimate" tuner, and
it's OK.

But it seems more appropriate for the 600 watt or so max output of the "1,000
Watt plate input" amplifiers of the 1960's than today's "four 3CX1500's in
push pull parallel Export only" amplifiers;  it's lossier (judged by measuring
temperature rise in a closed and insulated box)  than the 238's I prefer and
does not seem to have quite as wide a matching range.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E