Re: [TenTec] Yahoo and the Orion email reflector

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Yahoo and the Orion email reflector
From: "Ken & Linda Burrough" <w8keb@1st.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:04:20 -0400
Hi All

Yahoo and the Orion email reflector is getting very interesting.  I am going
to copy and paste some of the statements:

Eric K3NA wrote>>>>>Yahoo's privacy policy has improved over the last couple
of years.  But this is part of Yahoo's privacy statement that I object
to:

"Yahoo! does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you ...
except ... under the following circumstances:
We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with
Yahoo! under confidentiality agreements. These
companies may use your personal information to help Yahoo! communicate with
you about offers from Yahoo! and our marketing partners.<<<<<<

Jim Reid KH7M wrote>>>>>If you believe one is necessary,  then go to it,
and MUCH
luck and success!  Go to it,  Eric, K3NA!

I will delete this group in just a moment if you should do
so!<<<<<<

Phil W9XX wrote>>>>>I would like to be on that reflector but will not for
the very same reasons
as stated below. It's a shame that reflector isn't with contesting.com.<<<<<

and now I say---Ok we have this reflector, I do not like Yahoo and will not
be on it for all the above reasons.  As I said earlier, I will pick up my
Orion at the Ten-Tec Hamfest next week and will post to this reflector only.
If everyone that does not like Yahoo Orion Reflector does the same then we
do not need someone like KH7M to be on duty 24/7.  We will not have our info
given to others for there use and we will get the needed info.

Back in the wood work.

Ken/w8keb
Flushing, Ohio