RE: [TenTec] Orion and MIKEs

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Orion and MIKEs
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 02:03:41 +0000
One of these days I'm going to have to take a stock 705 mike plug apart and see
how they are wired. I'm using a stock '05 I bought in 1989, a much modified
1201 (705 in kit form) for the various Heil's around the shack, a late model
705, a Turner and a Shure 55 wired according to the Omni VI+ manual, and they
all get great audio reports. And I have had an EV 620 on line as well. Not at
the same settings by any means, but great audio reports none the less. So I'm a
little puzzled.

My 75 Meter dipole runs directly over the shack, about 25 feet over the Orion,
and even with the Alpha at 1500 W I get no reports of RF in the audio, either.
I don't know why - but all favors are gratefully accepted.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E