Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec items for sale

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec items for sale
From: "Edward Crawford" <w4wvw@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:21:09 -0500
  From: Edward Crawford
  To: tentec
  Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2003 11:09 PM
  Subject: [TenTec] Ten-Tec items for sale

  I have recently purchased a Corsair/263 VFO station and last month purchased
a Scout for the mobile so I must reluctantly let the following items go to a
new home. Listing them here before anywhere else and hopefully someone will
enjoy them as much as I have.
  Anyone who has heard me doing or on the 20 meter net has heard this equipment
on the air.

  Ten-Tec Model 544 (Triton IV digital) xcvr and 262M power supply.
Cosmetically, they are not in the best of shape, but still look good on the
desk. There are rub marks around some of the rotary controls, and a few of the
letters and numbers are worn off. There are a few light scratches here and
there, and a little pitting near the TT emblem and model # on the front of the
radio. The cabinets and vinyl covering are in excellent condition. This has
been my main rig here in the shack for the last 3+ years and has always
operated flawlessly, especially with the 242 VFO listed below. The PTO's seem
to be in good shape, turn freely with no binding or skipping.
  Asking $200 plus shipping.

  Model 242 external VFO for the Triton IV, will work with either the 540 or
544. Adds numerous split and fixed frequency operation capabilities to the
Triton IV. Purchased from Ten-Tec a couple years ago. This is in much nicer
cosmetic condition. A couple hairline scratches on the front, and one tiny nick
on the aluminum insert on the tuning knob. Works great and is very stable on
frequency. Same condition and price as when bought from TT.
  Asking $120 plus shipping.

  Have manuals for all three pieces. I'm afraid I do not have a mic for the
radio as I am now using it with the Corsair. You can see this equipment in my
shack if you look me up on QRZ.com. www.qrz.com/w4wvw . I can email better
pictures if needed, and I won't be in them which is a plus for you.

  Please email me direct so we don't bore everyone with the details.

  w4wvw@msn.com

  Thanks for looking. 73 to all. Ed/w4wvw