Re: [TenTec] Orion in Contests

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion in Contests
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 12:25:41 +0000
While W5YR's question is a good one, reading the "fine print" leads me to
believe the major JA companies provide not only equipment but substantial
funding to favored DXpeditions. It is understandable that such support would be
greeted with enthusiasm by the DXers - and it's equally understandable that a
smaller competitor may be more than willing to loan out a rig or two but unable
to provide a great deal of financial aid.

On the other hand - I have tried to use some of the highly touted DXpedition
rigs in close proximity. Even with Dunestars everywhere I have to say thanks
but no thanks. I will take Ten Tec's quiet but extremely competent recievers,
civilized transmitters, and excellent CW any day.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E