Re: [TenTec] Orion in Contests

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion in Contests
From: "Ron Notarius WN3VAW" <wn3vaw@fyi.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 21:10:09 -0500
Billy,

The key words are "substantial funding" in the post.  Now exactly how much
is considered substantial?

Actually, I think someone could write a good post (or article) explaining
how certain DXpeditions get the funding and sponsorships that they do, as
opposed to others that only get token amounts or none at all from the same
contributors.  BUT, as it should go without saying, THAT is a topic better
suited for another forum on another day.

Getting back to the topic, I'll ask the NP2SH guys if their equipment
included anything from TenTec; I know W3WH has an Orion and an Argonaut V,
and I know at one point he was considering taking the Argonaut along.  (And
they didn't get "substantial funding" from anyone, though I know that Force
12 loaned them an antenna.  Well, "loan" may be stretching it a bit as one
of the gang had to back up the loan with his credit card... seems that many
"loaned" antennas never got returned, but again I digress)

73, ron wn3vaw

"People hear what they want to hear,
And Disregard the Rest..."
"The Boxer," Simon & Garfunkel, 1970