Re: [TenTec] New TenTec Software and N4PY Issue

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New TenTec Software and N4PY Issue
From: Duane Grotophorst <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 15:00:48 -0800 (PST)
There is something definitly amiss with the new 2.0
Ten Tec Pegasus GUI program. I haven't been able to
make a lot of sense out of what it is doing exactly
or why. I also had one instance where my N4PY program
running on com8 keyed the transmitter as soon as I
started the Ten Tec 2.0 GUI, haven't been able
reproduce that one at all.

There are however two other behaviors that I do see
with some regularity:

1. The VFO frequency spontaneously tunes up at around
1 step/sec for up to 20 steps or so. It will do this
for awhile and then stop again all by itself. To then
strat doing it again at some later point in time.

2. The frequency display dithers between yellow/red
but the radio does not actually go into TX though.
Again it will stop all by istelf after doing this for
a few seconds.

I've been trying to identify a pattern of some kind
but so far can't. At one point it seemed to be linked
to other com port activity such as modem traffic (my
modem is on USB com11) but there is no consistency
there either. I do have a lot of stuff running on my
computer much of the time

What I have not seen is Carl's software missbehaving
when it is running by itself (or even multiple
sessions of it). Also I have not seen any problem with
Carl's software connecting to a radio where TT's 2.0
was just running and not power cycling the radio.

OS here is Win2K, the radio RS232 connections are on
ports 3 through 8, which are on 2 sepparate SIIG PCI
serial cards. The IRQ for coms 3-6 is 16, and coms
7-10 is on 19, IRQ 16 is shared with my two video
cards. I do see the same issues though regardless of
which IRQ is being used, so I can't really see how
this has anything to do with IRQ's.

Duane
N9DG