Re: [TenTec] Simple Answer - Why and how is Orion better?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Simple Answer - Why and how is Orion better?
From: K4IA@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 20:41:43 EST
I appreciate the testimonials I have stirred up with my original question and
this is certainly a worthwhile one.  I run a Field now and am very unhappy
with the way it overloads in the presence of strong signals. That is the main
reason I am considering the Orion.  Other than that one issue (admittedly a big
one), I like the Field.

I am gun shy about IF DSP after my experience with a 756Pro -- the buzzy
raspy CW receive was hard on my ears.  I don't want to buy into glitchy
software -
I got enough of that with Windoze.  And, I don't want to be knee deep in
menus to control the thing.

So far, I like what I am hearing about the Orion and thank all of you who
have responded.

Radio k4ia
Craig "Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA