[TenTec] Orion Beta Testing

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Beta Testing
From: "Joel Mele" <jmele@always-online.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 11:42:25 -0500
I have owned an Omni VI plus for about four years.   It is the best rig I've
owned (after installing INRAD 2.8 kc filters and audio mod) since 1964.

I intend to purchase an Orion when TT gets their act together with respect to
the firmware.

IT is obvious that TT is providing software and then letting the customers
discover the "pitfalls" and "problems."   When a manufacturer sells a $3000
plus radio, it is reasonable to expect flawless operation "right out of the
box."

AM I BEING UNREASONABLE WITH THIS ASSUMPTION ?

It is in our collective best interest to have Ten-Tec, an American company,
succeed.   However, the boys at TT should "clean up their act" and the software
as soon as possible.

I wonder if TT approaches their military/government business in the same manner
as their Amateur Radio business ?

Joel W4SLH