Re: [TenTec] Orion Beta Testing

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Beta Testing
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 11:00:18 -0600
> I intend to purchase an Orion when TT gets their act together with
> respect to the firmware.

T-T has produced a radio with excellent firmware which appears to
be clean and as bug-free as any radio out there.  You're reading old
posts, or reading too much into the current ones.

You're assessment is not valid.

> manufacturer sells a $3000 plus radio, it is reasonable to expect
> flawless operation "right out of the box."

This has nothing to do with price.  Look at the computer and it's
software that's sitting on your desk for goodness sake.

There were some early issues.  They've been taken care of.  You're
waiting for no reason ...

Grant/NQ5T