[TenTec] trouble with tt centurion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] trouble with tt centurion
From: "John" <brazos@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 13:13:39 -0500
Hello  I thank all for the loads of suggestions I got to improve the stray rf
in the shack .  by using two of the suggestions I have eliminated most of the
rf feedback on 40 and about 50 percent on 80 meters.  I made a choke balun and
placed it after the amp , removed the outboard tuning pod away from the amp to
about 4 feet on the side of the desk , placed two rf chokes on the mic cord and
I had two grounding braids that were hanging from the grounding bus that were
not being used  and just hanging off the bus so I removed the two grounding
braids .  I intend to have 4 jumpers made from cable experts and replace the
jumpers I made. ( I suspect a intermittent short )  and get a couple more line
chokes and place them on other wires connecting the amp , radio , power supply
etc.  again thanks to all .  I hope all had a very happy thanksgiving.  John
kb2huk