Re: [TenTec] Boosting contesting scores by cheating via aidofcomputer

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Boosting contesting scores by cheating via aidofcomputer
From: Jason Buchanan <jsb@digistar.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 10:18:34 -0500
Michael Tope wrote:

BTW, I see from your website that you use a vibroplex bug. Seems like
you are not totally against crutches, Jason. What's the matter, can't you
generate those dits by hand with a straight key :):)

Bah humbug! I can and did using the dah side of the bug for a very long time. But I hate straight keys to be honest - I can use one but it seems like half the people in the world can't because of the number of people who send dahs and dits with seeminly-interchangable lengths.

Semi-automatic keyers, paddles, etc. - these are operated by pure human
control by hand - it requires the movement of human muscles to form
every character sent. Same for a keyboard: one keypress, one character. But using a computer to control the QSO via automation is where I draw the line and where I choose to participate.