[TenTec] Re: ORION headphone clicks - the fix!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: ORION headphone clicks - the fix!
From: "Marijan Miletic, S56A" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 23:24:29 -0000
DH0GHU> So, it's really not an ORION problem, it's just a general
behaviour..

QSK puts a lot of strain on the operator at poor S/N ratios.  The only
justification for QSK was given to me by W0UN who claimed that he could hear
his echo on 10 m while rotating his big stacked Yagis.  Monitor is loud and
clear, lot of noise is heard in-between.  This is too high a price to pay in
a long contests.  Whole SO2R approach was developed from flawless PC
transmission which should not be monitored at all but focus transferred to
other radio.  Other thing is fast AGC which does a lot of RX pumping during
CW.  One can only add oversensitive NB to that.  I know that audio psyhology
is not important to FOC but I know a few ham operators with impaired
hearing.  I wonder how W4PA operated two Orion's in CQ WW CW SO2R mode?
Fool BK :-)))

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU