Re: [TenTec] No ALC cable to AMP?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] No ALC cable to AMP?
From: "Billy Cox" <aa4nu@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 23:24:52 -0600
>>I was hooking up my amp and looking for the place to plug the ALC
>>cable into the Orion.  There isn't any.  Why?
>

>If the amp is properly tuned, and the you don't crank up the RF output
>on the Orion after tuneup, the ALC in the Orion (or most other rigs for
>that matter) will keep it from overdriving the amp.   A connection back
>from the amp is unnecessary.

Ditto on the internal ALC found in most amps ... driving a tube based
amp with a solid state driver ... it's been found better to use different
ALC loops ... To underscore Grant's key point ... set it up correctly and
you'll have no problems. Garbage in, garbage out <sadly> still rules.

73 Billy AA4NU