RE: [TenTec] Bandpass Filters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Bandpass Filters
From: "Rick Westerman" <Rick@dj0ip.de>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 09:00:08 +0100
Ken,

Good News:  I have exactly what you are looking for.
Bad News:   It's all in German

The link below takes you to the "Projects" page of the Bavarian
Contest Club's home page.  There, under "Hardware" you can find
exact details for building the BCC Bandpass filters, the BCC
Preselector, and many other interesting projects.  The info is in
downloadable PDF files.

http://www.bavarian-contest-club.de/projects/index.html

Even if you don't speak German, pictures and specs are all
multi-language.
If you need some of the stuff translated, I'll help.  I don't
have time to translate the entire document right now.

By the way, these filters perform better than most of the
commercially available models.

I personally run the Dunestar filters.   They cost $50 pro band
and I just couldn't see building them when they are available so
cheap.  However, as a club project or learning-project for
new-comers, it surely makes sense. (Or for those who have much
more time on their hands than I do - hi).

73
Rick