Re: [TenTec] Orion diversity reception

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion diversity reception
From: Barry N1EU <n1eu@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 08:32:38 -0800 (PST)
--- K3BU@aol.com wrote:
> ON4UN remark about phase difference in Orion and not
suitable for diversity, can be simply cured by using
RIT on one receiver to offset the "warble" and then
tune together.

Enjoyed your comments Yuri.  The smallest RIT step
seems to be 10hz so I'm not sure you could offset one
receiver the slight amount needed to cancel the
warble, which is much less than 10hz.

Yes, purists remark the Orion isn't capable of "true"
diversity because the receivers aren't phase-locked.
I am sure enjoying this not-so-true diversity - phase
lock isn't necessary for what I'm doing.

73,
Barry N1EU