Re: [TenTec] Jupiter vs 746 PRO

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter vs 746 PRO
From: JOHN <ku3g@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:19:25 -0800 (PST)
i also have a 746 , great rig forthe money, but mine also remains idle, i have
a omni 6
that is easy to operate and does just about everything one could ask
73 john ku3g

N0KHQ@aol.com wrote:
This is only my opinion.

I own the 756 Proll and the Jupiter (2yrs now).

In continuous side by side comparisons, the Jupiter out performs the receiver
on the Proll.
By that I mean that the receiver on the Jupiter is way quieter that the Proll.

It is true that the controls on the Proll can be adjusted to match the
receive of the Jupiter but not without some change in the receive sound of the
audio.

If the Proll had a receiver as good or better than the Jupiter.......I'd sell
the Jupiter.

Call me silly.......but I've always wanted a Proll.......now that I have
one......it spends 95% of its time silent and under the dust cover.

When you purchase a product from TT, your just not buying a piece of
equipment, your also buying the services of everyone at TT. (tested and true)

If for any reason you are not happy with the Jupiter, you can return the rig
(no questions asked) for a full refund within 30 days (less shipping. The rig
weighs in at a hefty 12lbs).

I too was never a fan of TT type equipment, but I got fed up with what the
other manufacturers were doing.......so, I took a leap in faith and bought a
Jupiter and haven't looked back since.

I'm sure that if you do buy a 746Pro the seller will let you return it within
30 days for a full refund if your not happy with the performance........they
will, wont they?

73
John / N0KHQ / St. Louis

Always on 18.130

Antennas:

You can build 'em better than you can buy 'em
Please visit the sites below:
http://www.hamuniverse.com/17mcoaxmox.html
http://www.cebik.com/n0khq.html
http://www.ssb-audio.com/forum/