Re: [TenTec] crisp handheld mic

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] crisp handheld mic
From: AE0Q V31RY <v31ry@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:47:39 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
>I'm looking for a punchy, crisp,  clear, hand held  microphone to use with
>my Scout and Corsair. I have had good success with a big "D-104"  but
>of course that  is not very practical for mobile work <g>
>
> Is the output of the Heil enough to drive
>a Scout or Corsair?
>
>tnx Bob KB1CIW

Hello Bob,

  The Heil mics will drive both radios well.  My wife (Merri AB0MV) was using a
Ten Tec desk mic with her Scout when we met on the air in 1998.  I gave her a
Heil Pro-set (headphones and boom mic) with the DX mic element and she
immediately noticed an improvement in readability and QSO rates.  I've used my
Pro-set (like hers) with my Argo-556 (QRP Scout) and my Corsair-2 and it also
works well.

  The newer Pro-set has both mic elements, and the Heil Mobile hand mic does,
too, so I would highly recommend either of them for the Scout/Corsair.

73 - Glenn AE0Q