[TenTec] 7.040 stream has "new" skyhook. Tune in!

To: "q" <qrp-l@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [TenTec] 7.040 stream has "new" skyhook. Tune in!
From: "Paul Valko" <prvalko@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 07:51:35 -0500
Hello Everyone,

On Saturday I awoke to the sounds of chainsaws as my neighbor decided to
thin out the woods around his house.  As much as I appreciate trees, my wife
and I have wanted to do the same but never got around to it.  Mostly because
the prices just seemed to choke us more than the thicket of cover over our
property.  In the summer, about the only place where you could see the sky
was if you were on the roof of the house.

After negotiating with the supervisor, I ended up contracting to have a
dozen rather poor trees and diseased pines removed.  One tree was the center
support to my dipole.

Whoa... sky.

Not only that, the pathway of my 40M full wave dipole was opened and the
"new" center support tree was perfectly placed to hang the dipole at the 40
or 50 foot level!

I had to wait for the sleet and snow to start REALLY coming down.  We all
know antennas put up in bad weather work best.  So late Sunday afternoon, I
completed the task in blinding sleet.  Running to the shack, I made several
quick QSOs in that 40M SSB DX contest.  I worked about a dozen European hams
in less than 30 minutes.  Most on the first call.  Sorry guys... 100W, not
QRP.

Stamp that wire "approved."

To make a long story longer, give a listen yourself on the Internet, the
7.040 MHz audio stream, http://www.w8kc.com/stream.asx

73! =paul= W8KC
Collector of Ten*Tecs and other fine plastics.
Visit the Virtual Ten*Tec Museum at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/w8kc
Listen to 7.040 MHz from anywhere with Media Player v9
http://www.w8kc.com/stream.asx