RE: [TenTec] Orion Sweep

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Orion Sweep
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 20:25:35 -0600
I'm just going to repeat myself here.  You may have a problem
specific to your radio  since there's no history of this as an issue.

It would certainly be worth a call to tentec service to discuss it with
them.   There are always a few radios with out-of-the-box issues,
infant mortality problems, etc. and you may have just drawn the
winning number on this.    If that's the case, and the problem is
repeatable in the shop, I'm sure they'll be able to take care of it for
you. No point in living with a problem, even if you don't use sweep
very often.

Grant/NQ5T

> The repetition rate varies, but seems to increase as spikes on the
> sweep display increase.  It varies from roughly 2 to 10 clicks per
> second.  A Master reset does not cure the problem.  The sweep
range
> seems to make no difference, and it occurs with either VFO in
use.
> The same sound is heard using an 8 ohm headset.  It cannot be
heard on
> the speaker.
>
> Since it can only be heard on quiet bands with the volume up over
> halfway, it is not a major problem.  I rarely use the sweep function
> anyway.
>
> Thanks, Jess W8JY

Youngman