[TenTec] Orion Sweep

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Sweep
From: "Jess Young" <w8jy@starband.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 13:55:26 -0500
I received my new Orion about 6 weeks ago.  I have used it in two
contests,
one voice, one CW.  In a side by side comparison with my OMNI-VI+, it
outperformed the OMNI noticeably in two areas:  weak signal reception,
and reception of very closely spaced signals.

I discovered that the Binaural reception feature is helpful on CW, but
is quite a distraction on SSB.

Although I rarely use the sweep function since hearing of some lockup
problems, I have noticed that it creates a very annoying clicking in the
headsets.  It is more noticeable in quiet areas of the bands,
particularly when no signals are present.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Jess Young
W8JY