Re: [TenTec] QST April Article

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] QST April Article
From: Bill NY9H <ny9h@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 09:56:30 -0600
yes you can update the software, look on the back there is a rj45; and in the operator's manual, which is on the web, they talk about the ip address.

AND THAT AD ... IS SAD ...

I hope that ad is from a Japanese ad agency, then there MIGHT be an available excuse in a cultural difference.

Bernard,

Doesn't look like it. It does have a slot for a compact flash card, but this is for transferring settings I think. I have not seen anything about updates that way.

Dick, N5XRD

    I read the ad rather carefully, but couldn't determine if you could
update the Icom's software over the net like you can the Orion.  Anyone know
if that is possible?  If not, I would say that the Orion has a rather
substantial advantage and that Icom missed the boat.