Re: [TenTec] QST April Article

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] QST April Article
From: edoc <kd4e@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 17:11:49 -0500
Larry Greenberg N5BEA wrote:
Through my commercial contacts, I have established that the price point will compare favorably with the Orion. However as an innovative marketing
approach, Icom is offering a $1,000 owner loyalty rebate to current Icom owners. As an incentive to "cross over customers" a $2000 "welcome"
rebate will be awarded to current TenTec users. After all $$$ that's what it's about. The most amazing part of the rebate scenero is even "swap out"provision for current Orion owners. gee, I wonder what those technical types in the Far East will do with all those new TenTecs...

Fascinating! I have just decided to support an American manufacturer, TenTec, and to move from Kenwood to TenTec.

Given the current imbalances in trade and the desire to defend American
businesses and jobs it seemed the best thing to do, not to mention that
TenTec quality, features, and support are second to none.

Just as in the software business there will be occasional leapfrogging
of specific features from one new product by one manufacturer to that od another manufacturer -- just a little patience will find the same feature from the manufacturer of rig currently sitting on your desk.

There is nothing wrong with changing manufacturers, I have owned Heath,
Swan, Globe, Lafayette, Hallicrafters, Dentron, Kenwood, Icom, Yaesu,
etc. over the years -- just thought it was time to support a "local"
company so we do not lose the Ham industry the way we have lost televisions and others. Call me old fashioned!

I seriously doubt that many TenTec owners will give up their rigs for
an Icom, TenTec owners tend toward a very strong brand loyalty for
many very good reasons.  I expect to now be among their number.

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e
West Pasco County, FL