RE: [TenTec] The problem with directly end fed wires

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] The problem with directly end fed wires
From: "Rick Westerman" <Rick@dj0ip.de>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:12:11 +0100
Although I fully agree with the advantages of feeding the random
wire in the center, I think most people often forget to think
outside of the box.  Try one of these mounted vertically.

2x 5m; or 2x 6m; or maybe even 2x 7.5 m high.

Feed it just like the [horizontal] center-fed dipoles.

It's a FB DX antenna but not very good for local QSO (<500
miles).

If you really have no room to put up horizontal antennas, try one
of these.  They are excellent for DX on the high bands as well as
the low bands and they load just fine on 80 and 40m.  During the
day, signal strength is good enough for local work where you only
get a 57(9) instead of 59+20, but it still works just fine.

Here at the home QTH I have one fed vertically and another fed
horizontally.  Best of both worlds.

73
Rick