Re: First dot (was Re: [TenTec] Orion in action)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: First dot (was Re: [TenTec] Orion in action)
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 10:57:52 -0500
OK, Carl. My first impression from reading the manual was that the "Ext T/R delay" was as you say, but I thought maybe I had missed something. This is my first TT transceiver so I wasn't aware of their keying scheme. The QSK delay is then the only option to prevent hearing receiver noise between code elements or words at slow speeds. I hope they extend the range of that function in future firmware revisions.

Thanks for your help.

73, Joe

Carl Moreschi wrote:

The EXT T/R delay has nothing to do with the Orion's T/R switching.  It is
just for external use.
The Orion's antenna relay must switch on every dit and dah by design.  Every
tentec rig I have ever seen works this way since the Tritons.  It is a
proven design and works very well.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC