Re: [TenTec] BPL Update

To: johnclif@ix.netcom.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] BPL Update
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 07:40:35 -0600
Regarding the BPL issue, first I would suggest that one should obtain and
have good documentation with regard to noise vs. frequency vs. direction in
the case of directive arrays.  This should be obtained BEFORE BPL comes to
your area.  This will establish a base line to technically document that BPL
is indeed causing a problem.  The next step, once a person believes that BPL
is causing a problem to a licensed service, is to notify the provider/power
company of the complaint. Again, historical documentation will be required
to support the case/complaint.  If the provider/power company does not or is
not able to resolve the issue it then can be escalated to the FCC for
action.  It is very important to have documented historical information to
support ones case.

73
Bob, K4TAX