RE: [TenTec] BPL Update

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] BPL Update
From: "Kevin Rowett" <n6rce@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:56:30 -0800
It would seem un-likely that the NAB would ever allow any of the
spectrum allocated to TV get re-allocated.

Not un-like Amateur Radio. :-).

KR

I know this is not the point you were trying to make but those unused UHF
channels are now being used for local HDTV transmission.  Each local channel
now has several UHF channels assigned to it for HDTV.  Each local channel
here in the Raleigh, NC area has 3 to 5 assignments of UHF channels for
HDTV.  There is actually very little unused spectrum available now in the
UHF channel range.