Re: [TenTec] Ad in AES Catalog...

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ad in AES Catalog...
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 19:21:23 +0000
One thing that is perhaps missed in discussing all the new "world beater"
radios coming out in the future is the increased headroom it gives potential
competitors, both present and future.

It's a whole lot easier to justify buying an $8,000 radio when the competition
goes for upwards of $11,000. It's even easier to justify developing an $8K
radio when the competition has proven there's a good market for $12K radios.

We all had our wishing wand in action when Ten Tec announced the Orion. We
didn't get everything we wished for - but given a proven market in those
rarified desmenes we could come closer to getting our wish card completely
checked.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E

--
Never squat with your spurs on